Monday, May 14, 2007

Knitting


I enjoy knitting. I have been knitting off and on now for over 36 years. I am self taught. I haven't taken any classes to learn to knit, but I do ask questions and I have lots of books. I have a spinning wheel that my dear husband gave me in 2005 before we where married. This summer I want to learn to spin correctly. Knitting can be very relaxing. I don't like to be rushed when knitting. I have started knitting socks, doing a little designing, my goal is to sell some of my designs as patterns or finished works. As far as yarn goes my husband keeps saying that he thinks he needs to put support beams under my sewing/craft room. He encourages me to be creative and to do my thing.

The first picture is a picture of a sweater that I knitted for my nephew for his first birthday. I don't remember what pattern I started out with, I tend to start a pattern then change things as I go. I had a hard time finding yarn for a little boy. The yarn had to be very masculine or he wouldn't have been able to wear it! Nothing sissy as I was told. Why there can't be more masculine or boyish stripe yarn out there I don't know, Not brown yarn, I get tired of blue! Boys can wear more than just blue can't they? At least that is what I keep telling everyone. The next picture is a pair of felted booties that I made for my oldest son when he told me that they where pregant. I knew the baby was going to be a boy! Just a feeling I had they thought it was going to be a boy also. I have 3 boys, 3 brothers, I had 2 brother in laws now they are X brother in laws and I now only have 1 brother in law. I already have a 2 year old grandson so something told me this baby was going to be a boy also and he was. My son and daughter in law opted to wait until the baby was born to find out the sex which I was glad of, everyone needs a surprise, I had 3! The little fellow was born in January of 2007. He was a big baby 8 lbs, they named him Noah, he is such a cutie pie. I will get permission to post his picture here from his parents. Anyhow they loved the booties, I don't think he will ever where them though because they would be too small for him now at 3 months. I have knitted him a sweater and a couple of hats which he has worn. I have a couple of more projects waiting to get started for him. Well that is all for now. Still can't seem to get the writting and the picture thing down. If I post pictures first I have a hard time typing and lose the pictures. If I type and then add more than one pictures I have a mess, any suggestions?

















1 comment:

MJ said...

Your blog is looking good. They are so much fun. Love the sweater and quilts. MJ