Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Another Day and the end of August

Just a few pictures for everyone, the first is of my puppy Simon, he is 8 years old. This is before Matthew gave him a hair cut. I don't have a picture of him after, but he really did a number on him. Simon is a sweetheart to some, but you don't want to come after me. I had a friend that just went to shake my hand and I had to have help holding Mr. Simon back! I am very careful about letting people around him. Simon does love his back yard! He just let's Gene mow and clean it up from time to time! Love the pouch.
These are the flowers gene gave me for my birthday! The reds where so deep red and they lasted 2 weeks! I keep telling people don't give me flowers when I die I want to be able to see them. Some more birthday pictures: My youngest son Matthew is on the left looking at his phone checking out who is calling him, that is which girl! He forgot to shave for a couple of days, I was just glad he was there. My oldest son is to the right, Christopher, next to him is his wife Kacie, the mother and father of Mr. Noah (Mr. Cool-Breeze who always has a big smile for you) They missed my jump by just an hour or so, they had to come from SC beach so they did good getting here. And here is Mr. Smiling Noah with his PaPa! You just want to pinch those cheeks or kiss them or both! The little fellow is just over 6 months and now has 2 bottom teeth and the top 2 looks like they want to come through. He weighs about 24 pounds and is solid like a brick. We think he gets that from Kacie's Dad, Ray! The boy likes to eat. He is one sweetie.

Our 2nd Wedding Anniversity was 8-27-07, we went to Wilimington, NC to the Battleship! My idea. I had not been to the ship since the boys where little and they had opened up alot more for people to see! Gene hadn't been in about 10 years or so, the ship, boat had changed for him also. We had a blast, we went from steern to bow (think that is how you spell it) I got to go up in the gun tennerys, we went up we went down we went every where you could on the boat and sometimes we rewent places because we took a wrong turn, but it was fun. I keep telling Gene that I don't think we saw everything but we where on the boat/ship for about 3 hours. Here are a few pictures of our adventure that day! First picture is of Gene at the ship's bell! this is another picture of Gene at the big chains. You know walking through the ship you had to be a small person, being tall you would have to stoop alot and you had to be very skinny to fit in some of the places they put you, especially where they loaded the powder to shot the big guns! I can't stand to be in tight places, I would go crazy I think. The hospital part of the ship didn't look to pleasant either. here I am in the Captains chair looking out across to front street in Wilimington. The seat wasn't very comfortable but it was a good view. My favorite part was getting to sit in the gunnery seat and look like I was shooting! I wonder who I was pretending to shoot! I could turn the gun around to make sure I got the right target! I have a few ideas! But I won't go there for now! Here is another picture of me that Gene likes, He calls me killer here. He says I look like I was having way too much fun behind the guns.
After the battleship we went over to Front Street or River Street! I got to see the steps of the Courthouse where Matlock was filmed. They have cleaned up River Street alot since I was last there about 7 years ago. There wasn't many shops open but the Cotton place was opened so I did pick up a few t-shirts and some beads for some shawls!
I am waiting to get the go ahead to tandem jump again. Need to wait I was told! The sky is still calling me. I am even thinking of taking solo jump lessons. Gene says as long as he can pick who teaches me it is a ok! So watch out.
Now you are probably wondering if I am knitting. I still am working on the Fir Cone Shawl, The MS3 that I have frogged several times, can't seem to count! I have a sweater started and a pair of socks that I am working on, plus a quilted table runner and another quilt! I just don't have enough time in a day to be able to do everything that I want to do. Hopefully I can post some pictures of some of my knitting at my next posting. The video of the jump is still on hold. So everyone take care, pray for our soldiers and those you love. Remember my little boys (all 3 of you) and my little grandboys (both) Moma, Grandma Loves you!

No comments: