Friday, July 27, 2007

My Past Tuesday the 24th

Tuesday was D day for me for my colon test! Now I hate these test but I know they saved my life. Monday at 11 was my last meal. Gene said I was being a bit dramatic but it felt like it to me! Starting Monday I had to take 4 horse pills every 15 minutes with 8 ozs of water! I couldn't do it, I did it every 30-45 minutes, all I can have is water, black coffee, gum, coke, and frozen fruit juice with no pulp! My night time I don't feel too well! I keep busy, washing clothes, knitting checking internet, house work! Tuesday isn't much better, I keep myself busy, Gene gets home at 2;15 and after he gets his computer together we are off for the 3:30 appointment! I get there fill out the paperwork, go to the restroom and what do I do, I like the restroom! oops.... I get called back, now I haven't eaten and the last time I drank anything was right before we left and it was just a sip of water! I answer 10 more pages of questions, and the nurse gets ready to do the IV, I tell her that we usually don't use the right arm because it doesn't do right, but she says she has too! Let's say after too painful sticks and those who know me know that I hate needles and thinking I was at the beach with the waves rolling in didn't work! All I could hear her say was I have a bubble and mumbles! Then she goes to get another nurse who looks at my right arm and goes after my left hand! She thumps it, I hollar, they say I am fighting them, I say it hurts! They think they have it in! They think, it is on a bone and it hurts like heck!
The nurse leaves and comes back to tell me they are running a little behind, it is 4:30 now! Gene comes back to stay with me he works on his paper, we talk and it is past 6: I am wanted a steak and bake potatoe now! I don't remember what time it was but they finally come in and decided to take me back. I tell them nicely to knock me out I don't want to feel it! I have had at least 6 of these things 4 in one year and I was awake one time and that was one time too many! The nurse tells me never fear I won't know a thing. She tells me I should be getting light headed and go to sleep! Nothing! Doctor says give her more, still nothing! Now I don't do antesia well to begin with but I see the nurse push more drugs in my IV but I am still awake, I don't feel anything but I can see what he is doing! At least this didn't take long. Next thing I am in a room and Gene is in there and another nurse ask if I want something to drink, apple juice, pepsi or water! I tried water but I got sick. I was told to get dressed and started feeling really bad, I got sick, poor Gene could find the throw up thing fast enough! We finally get to leave! Needless to say my steak and potatoe is off the list, we get home after 8pm, the doctor's office is about 20=25 minutes away, Gene sits me on the couch and I am out! I stay out until 10 come alive for a minute or two then out again, then on Wednesday I am down and out! I stayed sick, crackers and warm coke or tea! Thursday I did eat a little more but not much! Still tired, arm and hand are purple, you can see a trail of the veins!
After all of this the best thing the doctor told us was that there was not ANY pulps. That is right NO pulps that is the first time in I don't know how long, first thing first thank you Lord, a look of relief comes over Gene's face! The doctor also shows him a picture of my CLEAN colon and shows where the last surgery was and it has healed with no scare tissue We where both so glad! I guess 3 days of misery was worth it! And life goes on.
Still planning on jumping on August the 11th, we won't make the SF meeting at the team house because I will be jumping out of a plane. My X mother in law was wanting to know if I had lost my mind, told her no so she said she was going to try to make it there! Told her A OK with Us. No I still don't have my voice back yet, no I haven't heard from my middle child don't expect too! Life is just too short. I have give or I am trying to give that problem over to a higher power (the good Lord) to take care of because I can't worry or stress about it any more! Sometimes things are not what they look at and sometimes people make things out to be what they aren't! I have been dealing with this for 54 years and will for the rest of my life! Everyone take care, May God bless and have a great life!

No comments: